odata2sparql provides a standardized RESTful interface to any RDF triple-store making application development over RDF far easier.
OData2SPARQL is an OData proxy protocol convertor for any SPARQL/RDF triplestore. To compare SPARQL with OData is somewhat misleading. After all SPARQL has its roots as a very powerful query language for RDF data, but is not intended as a RESTful protocol. Similarly OData has its roots as an abstract interface to any type of datastore, not as a specification of that datastore. Some have said 'OData is the equivalent of ODBC for the Web'.
The data management strengths of SPARQL/RDF can be combined with the application development strengths of OData with a protocol proxy: OData2SPARQL, a Janus-point between the application development world and the semantic information world.
- OData proxy for any triplestore
- Immediately provides a RESTful API so that RDF can be consumed by applications, application development environments, and development tools
- Infers metamodel from RDFModel
- Entirely code-less deployment
- Supports complex OData queries
- Allows unlimited navigation through object properties to related entities
- Published OData entities can be supplemented with SPIN pseudo entities
- Allows RESTFul API to be tuned to match the application needs without any coding
- An overview is available here: OData2SPARQL: Consuming SPARQL/RDF with OData Restful Interface
- Full technical documentation can be downloaded by entering your details here:
- Two versions of OData2SPARQL can be downloaded from GitHub: